Mandura Pty Limited
Privacy at Mandura
What we collect
We collect the following personal information:
- Customer name, address, contact details (including phone, fax and email) and trade references
- Names and addresses of the directors, proprietors and owners of corporate customers and any personal guarantors, which are collected as a part of our credit application processes
- Customer credit card details.
Ancillary to our core business activities, we also collect and maintain records of personal information. For example:
- Contractor name, address, licence, contact and emergency contact details which are used for the purposes of managing our various contractors in accordance with the requirements of our customers and our business requirements; and
- Potential employee resumes and contact details which are used as a part of the recruitment process for new employees.
How we use and collect personal information
Who has access to personal information
What are cookies
Our websites utilise “cookies” to provide you with a more convenient shopping experience such as remembering your login name and password, purchase history and maintaining items in your shopping cart if you leave the site before checkout.
Personal information is used by Mandura for its legitimate business purposes, as disclosed at the time of collection. It is also used for ancillary purposes such as locating and identifying you and for servicing our relationship with you. Your contact details may also be used by us for the purposes of sending marketing correspondence to you. You may make a request to us not to receive direct marketing communications.
Mandura undertakes not to sell, rent or trade personal information. We will not disclose personal information to third parties for them to market good and services to you. We will not otherwise use or disclose your personal information unless the use or disclosure is authorised under the Australian Privacy Principles. Some examples of where use or disclosure is authorised under the Australian Privacy Principles are:
- Use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law
- Use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety
- Use or disclosure is necessary to investigate suspected unlawful activity, to prevent or detect a criminal offence or serious improper conduct
- Use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for the conduct of or preparation for court proceedings; or
- You have consented, either expressly or impliedly, to us disclosing the information about you.
As with most business organisations, Mandura relies on third party suppliers (agents) to conduct specialised activities such as mail-outs and the dispatch of internet messages. These agents act on behalf of Mandura and do not facilitate their own commercial agendas whilst processing your personal information. While personal information may be provided to these agents to enable them to perform their agreed tasks, such information remains the property of Mandura at all times and the agent organisations involved may not use or disclose it for their own purposes. To “opt-out” of receiving marketing materials email us at email@example.com.
How to update your personal information and have access to it
On request we will provide you with access to the personal information we store about you, but only to the extent we are able by law, and are required by the Australian Privacy Principles.
If we are unable to give you the access requested, we will, if reasonable, consider whether the use of an intermediary would allow sufficient access to meet both our needs. We will also provide you with the reasons for our inability to give you the access requested.
Under the Privacy Act, we may charge for our reasonable costs in giving you access to personal information held about you.
How secure is the data collected
Changes to this policy
(b) If the breach or liability relates to services:
(i) the supplying of the services again; or
(ii) the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
Except to the extent that the law, including the CCA, provides that liability is not able to be excluded, Mandura shall not be under any liability to the Customer in respect of any loss or damage (including consequential or indirect loss or damage or loss of profits, loss of use or loss of data), however caused, which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of the Products, any services supplied by Mandura or the failure of Mandura to comply with these terms and conditions.
Contact us about privacy
The Privacy Officer
Mandura Pty Limited
163 O’Riordan Street
Mascot NSW 2020
Should you not be satisfied with the outcome, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.